Turkish Folk Dance Lesson Workshop Istanbul
Facing three seas, straddling important trade routes, Turkey has a complex, sophisticated culture, reflected in the variety of its dances.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Location: Sultanahmet or Galata Dance Studio / ISTANBUL
Lesson Teachings: available in English, French, Russian, Turkish
Turkish folk dances are very special and unique to our region. Facing three seas, straddling important trade routes, Turkey has a complex, sophisticated culture, reflected in the variety of its dances. The dominant dance forms are types of line dance. There are many different types of folk dances performed in various ways in Turkey and these reflect the cultural structure of each region. The Bar in Erzurum province, the Halay in the East and Southeast, the Hora in Thrace, the Horon in the Black Sea, Spoon dances in and around Konya and Lezginka in Kars and Ardahan are the best known examples of these. It our folk dance workshops, we try to teach you our dance culture and teachniques. We teach the following turkish folk dances ;
* Halay Bar Folk Dance
* Wedding folk Dances like Damat
* Zeybek Folk Dance
* Ciftetelli – Karsilama Kasap Folk Dances
* Horon Folk Dance
* Turkish Roman Gypsy Dance
* Turkish Spoon Dance
* Turkish Belly Dance – Oriental
What is Included
* Our lessons are private
* We teach beginner & advanced levels from our dancer teachers
* Dance studio and music system
* Water and beverages during the workshop
* Upon request, we can make weekly private masterclass as well.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.